Thursday, November 26, 2009

The battle of the mind and heart



----------------
Now playing:
MYMP - MYMP - Waiting In Vain
via FoxyTunes

everytime i see you ...

my heart leaps with happiness. i love you. my all is yours.
my mind is telling me to stop. don't be hasty. be careful. he will just hurt you.
my heart is telling me to love you without hesitations.
my mind is telling me to never listen to my heart because it is deceitful.
my heart is telling me to take a chance with you.
my mind is telling me to be weary giving my heart away.


my heart sees the goodness of your heart.
my mind sees the folly within.
my heart sees the child in you.
my mind sees your immaturity.
my heart sees the beauty of your being.
my mind sees a lost man.


my heart says he loves you.
my mind says he doesn't.
my heart says he is happy to be with you.
my mind says he is just fond of you.
my heart says he is waiting for you.
my mind says he is waiting for someone else.


when will this end?
the battle of the mind and heart.
who will win?
my mind? or my heart?


" The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Beloved - Kari Jobe
Google